Sunday 19 July 2015

Writing For Fun 6

Everyday my brother knocks on my door and says “Morning beautiful” to wake me up. My secret? He’s dead for 4 years.

4 years ago, my brother and I were living together, caring for one another, since the death of our parents. As my brother was the older one, he was the one normally caring for our daily well-being, the food, water and all those stuff, while I, would go to school in the morning and, in the afternoon, help to do some chores while my brother goes out and runs errands, just to be able to get a few coins, which would cover our spendings on food. However, if he doesn’t get any errands, it means that we would have to go to sleep with an empty tummy. He really loved me, from his actions I could sense it. Life was tough, but together, we pushed through the hard times, not giving up.

However, a few days later, my brother got a tip for doing his errands well, a few days later, and got so excited that he went to buy some fried chicken and ran straight home, thinking that it was the only time they could have a legit meal like that.

Bang!

As soon as he knew it, he was lying down a few metres away from the place he was standing, with the chicken spilling out from the styrofoam box. Looking down at his injuries, he knew he couldn’t make it, and spent the last ounce of life in him, picking the pieces of chicken up and placing them back into the box. “I hope you’ll enjoy these…” He placed his head gently on the floor, and closed his eyes.

Don’t feel too sad for me. I promise to visit you every morning.

The news of his death hit me hard like a hammer. I couldn’t even bear to think about this incident, as it was when, the only pillar which I could lean on, tumbled and fell. I felt hopeless. But life goes on, doesn’t it?

The next morning, I heard a knocking sound on my door as I heard the familiar voice of my dead brother. Instantly, I rushed to the door and opened it, only to see a vague outline of him, standing at my doorstep, smiling at me. Feeling the presence of my pillar, I stepped up and embraced him, only to feel warm air against my face, but nothing was in my reach. I looked up again, and saw him pass me a note and vanished. Still wondering if I was dreaming, I opened the note, and it read…

Don’t worry, I’m there for you. Every day. Every morning I will visit you, just like what I promised myself the other day. I need to look at you. To make sure you’re ok.

Holding the note close to my face, I smiled with tears in my eyes.


I hope you’ll keep your promise. 



Point of View of a girl^^

No comments:

Post a Comment