Friday 7 August 2015

Writing For Fun 13

Sleepily, I crawled to the other side of my bed, picking up the ringing phone. Saying hello with a yawn, my ears picked up the sounds of someone crying at the other end of the phone line.

It’s her again.

Secretly letting out a sigh, I replied her. She was my best friend, so I can’t probably ignore her, can I? These few days she has been calling me up at night and should I say, complaining about her major heartbreak. Apparently she had been ditched by her boyfriend… Listening to her tales again, I felt that wave of sleepiness hit me, but I slapped myself, trying not to fall asleep. She just goes on and on like a broken record, saying that her heart hurts, that she can’t get over the fact that he has gotten over her. It’s been 5 days…

Even though I’m really fed up with her, I had to keep this feeling to myself. And when the phone call finally ends, she says, “Thanks for being a friend.” And I heave a sigh of relief. I was afraid that if the phone call went on longer, I would have screamed out my feelings. And it was nowhere near anger…

The next day she called again, as usual, complaining. I bit down on my tongue, but I want to scream out, that she could be with me now, but in the end, I did not reveal it, for fear that it would worsen her situation, as it was already very bad now.

And when the phone call ends, she said, “I’ll call you tomorrow at 10.” Friendzoned again, I guess…

So should I or should I not… tossing and turning on my bed, this question lingered in my mind. Sigh…

I just can’t.

A few years later, she moved out of my country, and life just went on without her. When we both fall asleep under the same sky… Do you miss me? Because I do. And there’s something I need to tell you…


Love me back…

No comments:

Post a Comment